This air fried tempeh recipe is bound to become a staple in your kitchen! The air fryer gives tempeh an irresistible crispy texture that is cooks up in under 15 minutes. You can add this air fryer tempeh to salads, grain bowls, stir fries, and more.
- 8 oz block of tempeh, sliced into 1/8th inch thick strips
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Put tempeh strips in a mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, salt, and garlic powder. Use your hands to gently toss the tempeh in the liquid.
- Let tempeh marinate for 15 minutes or more.
- Place tempeh strips in air fryer basket or tray, spreading them out so they do not overlap.
- Air fry at 325 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, until deep golden brown and crispy on the outside.
How to store tempeh
Tempeh is packaged in plastic and refrigerated. Unopened, tempeh will last in the fridge for a month or two. Be sure to check the expiration date of your tempeh when you purchase it.
Once you open the tempeh package, you can keep it in the fridge for up to seven days. Wrap any unused tempeh in wax paper, parchment paper, or store in a silicone baggie.
Store cooked tempeh in the fridge for up to 3-5 days in an airtight container. You can reheat tempeh in the microwave or toaster oven, or just eat it cold.
Air fryer tempeh is versatile and easy to add to all types of meals. Here are some suggestions for what to make with tempeh:
- Green salads
- Grain salads or grain bowls
- In sandwiches or wraps
- With eggs or tofu scramble in place of bacon
- As a topping for spaghetti squash boats
- Crumbled up into your favorite pasta sauce in place of ground meat
Keywords: air fryer tempeh, air fried tempeh, how to cook tempeh