These nutritious pasta recipes are all designed by a Registered Dietitian, try one for dinner tonight! This collection of recipes features all kinds of healthy pasta dishes, including vegetarian pastas, vegan pastas, shrimp pastas, and pasta sauces.
- 1 medium eggplant, diced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 zucchinis, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning blend
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz pasta (I used bowtie)
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Toss eggplant with 2 tbsp olive oil and a shake of salt and pepper, and spread out onto one sheet pan.
- Toss zucchini and bell pepper with 1 tbsp olive oil and a shake of salt and pepper, and spread out on the other sheet pan.
- Roast vegetables for 25-30 minutes, until beginning to caramelize and fork tender.
- While vegetables roast, prepare stovetop tomato sauce. Heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a saute pan.
- Add onion and shallot with a generous shake of salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until transparent.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add Italian seasoning, stirring to coat onion mixture, and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and basil. Stir to mix everything up, then cover and cook for 10-15 minutes. Stir sauce every few minutes to ensure even cooking. Add up to 1/2 cup water as necessary to keep ingredients from sticking to the pan.
- Once vegetables are done roasting, stir them into the tomato sauce. Mix everything up to combine.
- Add balsamic vinegar plus salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- While sauce simmers, prepare the pasta according to package instructions.
- Mix cooked pasta into the plan with sauce. Serve warm, with fresh basil for garnish.
- Keeps well in the fridge for up to 5 days, and tastes good warm or cold.
- Add freshly grated parmesan cheese if desired/not vegan.
Keywords: healthy pasta recipes, easy healthy pasta recipes, vegetarian pasta recipes, vegan pasta recipes