Tempeh and Brussels Sprouts with Sesame Almond Sauce (Vegan, Gluten Free)
You’ll want to put this sesame almond sauce over every meal, but it’s especially good with tempeh and Brussels sprouts! Everyone will love this flavorful plant-based recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: serves 2-3 1x
- Category: main dish
- 1 block tempeh, sliced into triangles or desired shape
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb bag Brussels sprouts, halved
Sesame Almond Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Yondu All-Purpose Savory Seasoning
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, grated or finely minced
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce (or hot sauce)
- 2 tsp cornstarch, to thicken (optional)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sliced tempeh in 1 tbsp olive oil and a generous shake of salt and pepper. Arrange on the baking sheet so no pieces overlap.
- Cook tempeh for 20-25 minutes, flipping once halfway through. It will start to brown and get crispy on the outside.
- While tempeh is in the oven, heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the Brussels sprouts and some salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare the sesame almond sauce. Add all sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until completely smooth.
- Toss the tempeh in half of the sauce. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the Brussels sprouts.
- Serve and enjoy warm.
- Use creamy, natural almond butter for best results. You can also use creamy peanut butter or tahini, if you don’t have almond butter on hand.
Keywords: tempeh and brussels sprouts, almond butter, vegan, gluten free