Pea Pesto Pasta With Roasted Tomatoes
This pea pesto pasta with roasted tomatoes is an easy and delicious vegetarian meal. It’s sure to please everyone for lunch or dinner!
- Author: Alex
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: serves 3 1x
- Category: main dish
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz fusilli pasta, or similar shape
- 1 cup cooked green peas
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F. Toss tomatoes and sliced garlic in olive oil, plus a shake of salt and pepper. Roast them on a baking sheet for 15 minutes, tossing once halfway through.
- While tomatoes are in the oven, prepare the pesto. Add peas, basil, lemon juice, garlic, pine nuts, and salt to a food processor. Pulse several times until well combined. Add parmesan cheese and pulse a few times more to combine. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while blending, until desired consistency is reached. You may need to scrape down the edges of the bowl a few times.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water, then drain.
- Add a heaping 1/2 cup of pesto to a small bowl and whisk with 3-4 tbsp pasta water to thin out. Then, toss the pasta and roasted tomatoes in the pesto.
- Serve immediately.
- You will have some leftover pesto – use it for another pasta dish, spread it onto a sandwich, top your eggs with it, or freeze for later use.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: pea pesto pasta, pea pesto, vegetarian