Whip up a batch of this kale pesto pasta for an easy, delicious, and filling weeknight meal. This dish comes together in under 30 minutes, and will satisfy everyone.
- 1 box ZENB Penne Pasta
- 1 packed cup kale
- 1 packed cup basil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook ZENB Pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the pesto. Add all remaining ingredients EXCEPT olive oil to a food processor.
- Blend for 20-30 seconds until ingredients are well combined and chopped into very small pieces.
- Add the olive oil to the food processor, then pulse a few times to combine it with everything else. Be careful not to blend too much, because you want the pesto to retain some texture.
- Strain your pasta. Add it to a mixing bowl along with the pesto.
- Mix the pasta well so all the noodles are coated in pesto. Serve right away.
Pesto pasta tastes good hot or cold! This recipe keeps well in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Keywords: kale pesto pasta, gluten free