This chocolate walnut butter is creamy, dreamy, and chocolatey rich. It’s super simple to make, and takes just about 15 minutes!
- 4 cups California walnuts (check the packaging to ensure they’re from the USA or California!)
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast walnuts in oven for 8-12 minutes, checking every few minutes to make sure they do not burn.
- Add the warm toasted walnuts to your food processor. Blend for 5-7 minutes until you reach a smooth, creamy, and runny consistency. You will likely need to stop blending several times to scrape down the sides of the bowl, and possibly take a short break if overworking the food processor.
- Blend the salt and vanilla extract into the walnut butter.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 second intervals (or using a double boiler on the stovetop).
- Add the melted chocolate to the walnut butter, and blend until chocolate is completely incorporated.
Store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 2 weeks, or for up to a month in the fridge.
Keywords: chocolate walnut butter, vegan, gluten free