Overnight oats are the perfect make-ahead breakfast for busy mornings. These protein overnight oats recipes all have Greek yogurt, a nutritious and filling source of protein. Each recipe is registered dietitian-designed, and takes just a few minutes to prepare the night before! Plus, the recipe for peanut butter banana overnight oats.
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup almond milk, or milk of choice
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Toppings: 2-3 tbsp peanut butter and another banana
- In a medium sized glass container, peel and mash the banana with a fork.
- Add the Greek yogurt and almond milk to the container, then add the oats, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and cinnamon.
- Mix everything together very well. Cover the container and put it in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, portion oats into two equal servings. Top each bowl with a scoop of peanut butter and sliced fresh banana.
Overnight oats stay fresh stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. That means you can prep breakfast for the whole work week over the weekend! Note that as overnight oats sit, they will become softer and creamier, and lose a bit of their chewy texture.
Keywords: protein packed overnight oats, overnight oats with greek yogurt, overnight oats with chia seeds