Eggs are a nutrient-dense food and they are perfectly healthy to include in a balanced diet. In this post, learn about the health benefits of eggs, the nutrients that eggs provide, and tips for including eggs in a healthy diet, all from a Registered Dietitian. Plus, find healthy egg recipes to make, including perfect hard boiled eggs.
- 5 cups of water
- 4 large eggs
- Bring water to a rolling boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce heat so the water is at a more gentle boil.
- Gently lower the eggs into the boiling water using a slotted spoon.
- Boil eggs for 11 minutes.
- Immediately transfer them to a bowl filled with ice water using the slotted spoon.
- Let the eggs cool for at least 5 minutes before peeling.
- To peel hard boiled eggs, roll them along the countertop to create small cracks. Easily peel off the shells.
Keywords: are eggs healthy, how to make hard boiled eggs, eggs and cholesterol