Whole Wheat Morning Glory Muffins
These healthy whole wheat morning glory muffins are such a treat to wake up to! They’re filled with good-for-you ingredients like shredded apples, carrots, and raisins.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 15 muffins 1x
- Category: breakfast
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup almond milk
- ⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 KORU apple, grated
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, flax meal, and brown sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together almond milk, applesauce, eggs, and maple syrup.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix to combine.
- Stir in grated carrots, apple, raisins, and walnuts.
- Scoop batter into muffin liners, filling about ¾ full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool before removing.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Keywords: morning glory muffins, whole wheat