Watermelon Feta Salad with Cucumber and Mint (Gluten Free)
This watermelon feta salad is the most refreshing summer side dish. It’s the perfect post-beach or 4th of July Barbecue treat! All you need is five simple ingredients, one bowl, and 20 minutes to get this on the table.
Raise your hand if you could eat an entire watermelon in one sitting…I know it’s not just me! This summer fruit is the most refreshing in my eyes, especially after a day in the sun.
I love combining sweet and savory ingredients in salads for flavor contrast. Some of my favorite salad combinations are strawberry + avocado, berries + goat cheese, and watermelon + feta. The salty, briny feta is surprisingly delicious paired with sweet and crunchy watermelon. If you’ve never tried fruit in a salad, you’re in for a surprising treat!
How to make watermelon feta salad
This recipe couldn’t be easier. Just cut up all your ingredients and combine everything in a bowl!
- Cut a watermelon into cubes.
- Slice cucumber into half moon pieces.
- Chop up a handful of fresh mint leaves.
- Toss watermelon, cucumber, and mint in a large mixing bowl with feta cheese, zest of 1 lime, and a generous squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve nice and cold!
Ingredients + Some Nutrition Notes
- Watermelon: Watermelon is one of the most hydrating fruits, as it is made of over 90% water. Eating hydrating fruits and veggies can actually count towards your daily water intake, so eat up! Watermelon is high in potassium and vitamin C and A. It’s also rich in antioxidants, including lycopene, which is important for eye health and fighting inflammation in the body.
- Cucumber: Just like watermelon, cucumber is an incredibly hydrating food so it’s perfect for a warm day. It’s also a good source of vitamin K.
- Mint: Using fresh herbs like mint in your recipes can replace sodium without compromising on flavor. Mint is actually high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It can also help relieve an upset stomach!
- Feta Cheese
- Olive Oil
If you love this recipe, you may also like
- Corn, Tomato, and Avocado Salad with Strawberries and Goat Cheese
- Mushroom Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa
- Ginger Roasted Beets, Sweet Potatoes, and Pears
This watermelon feta salad is the most refreshing summer side dish. It’s the perfect post-beach or 4th of July Barbecue treat!
- 1 watermelon, cut into cubes
- 1 cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of half a lime
- 2–3 tbsp olive oil
- Toss watermelon, cucumber and mint together in a large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, lime zest, lime juice, and olive oil.
- Serve cold.
- Will keep in an airtight container in fridge for 1-2 days.
Keywords: watermelon feta salad, healthy salad recipes, summer salads, watermelon feta mint