There are few better snacks than tortilla chips and guacamole. All you need is 10 minutes and 7 ingredients to make the best homemade guacamole that rivals your favorite restaurant!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 small roma tomatoes, diced
- Slice into avocados and remove pit. Scoop the flesh into a mixing bowl. Add garlic, red onion, salt, and lime juice. Mash until creamy, but not pureed.
- Gently stir in cilantro and diced tomatoes.
- Taste, and add more salt or lime juice as needed.
- Serve immediately.
- Add 1-2 tsp diced jalapeño or red pepper flakes for spicy guacamole.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 days. Cover with a thin layer of water to slow down browning.
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, homemade guacamole