Tzatziki is a yogurt based sauce mixed with cucumbers, fresh herbs, garlic, salt, and lemon. It’s incredibly refreshing and versatile!
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (any fat content works)
- 1/2 cup grated cucumber, excess water squeezed out*
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine everything together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Enjoy immediately!
*Wrap grated cucumber in a clean tea towel or paper towels. Firmly squeeze out as much water with your hands.
Best eaten right away, but you can store tzatziki in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Give the sauce a stir before serving after refrigeration.
Serve tzatziki with veggie crudite, pita, falafel, or as a salad dressing or sandwich spread.
Keywords: homemade tzatziki, tzatziki sauce