This strawberry kale salad with goat cheese and farro makes a light, healthy, and satisfying meal. It’s loaded with nutritious ingredients and flavor.
- 8 cups curly kale leaves, removed from stems
- 1–2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups cooked farro (1 cup dry)
- 1/2 cup roasted slivered almonds
- 1 pint strawberries, stems removed and halved
- 4 oz log goat cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Add kale to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle the olive oil on the kale with a pinch of salt.
- Use your hands to massage the kale for about 1 minute, until softened and tender.
- Add the farro, slivered almonds, and strawberries to the kale. Use your hands to crumble the goat cheese on top.
- Put the dressing ingredients with a pinch of salt and pepper in a small jar. Close the jar and shake vigorously to emulsify the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and gently mix together the salad with salad spoons to coat everything in the dressing.
Because the strawberries are so delicate, this salad is best served right away. If you want to make this salad ahead of time, mix everything together except for the strawberries. Add the strawberries right when you are ready to serve.
Keywords: best kale salad, strawberry kale salad, strawberry goat cheese kale salad, healthy kale salad recipes