Thai Peanut Crunch Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free)
This Thai peanut crunch salad is full of crunchy veggies, fragrant jasmine rice, and drenched in the best homemade peanut sauce. It’s easy to make and a great meal prep recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: serves 4-6 1x
- Category: main dish
- 1 cup U.S.-grown jasmine rice
- 1.5 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 3 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled using julienne peeler (or very thinly sliced)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp low sodium tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce (or hot sauce)
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped cashew pieces
- Prepare rice and frozen edamame on according to package instructions.
- While rice cooks, chop all your veggies and put them in a large mixing bowl.
- Prepare peanut sauce. Add all sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk together until smooth and creamy.
- Once rice is cooked, fluff with a fork, and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- Add cooled rice and edamame to the bowl with veggies. Pour peanut sauce over ingredients and toss well to combine.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cashews. Enjoy!
- Using cooled rice keeps the crunchy veggies from becoming soft.
Keywords: thai peanut crunch salad, vegan, gluten free