Tahini Citrus Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Thank you, Unilever and Sir Kensington’s for sponsoring this blog post! I’m grateful to partner with brands I love to cook with, and all opinions are my own.
This recipe is full of zingy flavor, contrasting textures and plenty of nutrients. If you are looking for a unique dish to bring to your MDW party, look no further than this tahini citrus cauliflower sweet potato salad! You’ll wow your friends with a creamy yet incredibly simple dressing that coats the vegetables, making them super addicting.
I have a confession to make – I don’t like potato salad. I know it’s such an American classic, but I’ve never been a fan of this summertime barbecue food. The mushy texture and excess mayonnaise just don’t do it for me!
Something I DO love is sweet potatoes. And cauliflower. And tahini plus anything citrus. Mix them all together, and you have a magical combination. So many of my meals involve these ingredients, so it’s about time that one recipe highlights them all!
You’ll roast some cauliflower and sweet potatoes with vibrant yellow turmeric. They’re then tossed with parsley, sesame seeds, and dried cherries, which all add such great texture and contrasting flavor. Then, pour the creamiest semi-homemade dressing over everything, featuring NEW Sir Kensington’s Golden Citrus Vinaigrette! On its own, this vinaigrette is the perfect light and refreshing dressing or marinade, plus it’s made with 100% pure sunflower oil and a touch of ethically sourced, True Source Certified honey. When mixed with tahini and a few simple ingredients, it makes the BEST sauce ever.
I love all the Sir Kensington’s products I’ve tried, and this vinaigrette is no exception. I love this brand because every ingredient they source is Non-GMO certified. Their products with eggs only use Certified Humane Free-Range eggs, and they have a commitment to better quality ingredients in all the products they make. They’ve brought such a sense of integrity to the world of condiments!
If you too dislike traditional potato salad, I encourage you to try this cauliflower sweet potato salad! I guarantee you won’t be the only one heading back for seconds at the barbecue.
A Few Recipe Notes
- Chop cauliflower and sweet potatoes into similar sized pieces to ensure even cooking.
- This recipe can be prepared in advance and served chilled.
- This salad is also great for meal prep, as it will keep well in the fridge for up to 5 days and tastes great cold!
If you love this recipe, you may also like
- Curry Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower with Golden Raisins and Parsley
- Butternut Squash and Cauliflower Chana Masala
- Broccoli Salad with Thai Peanut Dressing
This recipe is full of zingy flavor, contrasting textures and plenty of nutrients. If you are looking for a unique dish to bring to your MDW party, look no further than this tahini citrus cauliflower sweet potato salad!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup Sir Kensington’s Golden Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup dried cherries
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potatoes and cauliflower florets in turmeric, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spread onto baking sheets and roast for 35-40 minutes until fork tender, stirring halfway through.
- Prepare dressing while vegetables roast. Whisk together tahini, Sir Kensington’s Vinaigrette, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Toss roasted vegetables with dressing and top with golden raisins, sesame seeds and parsley.
Keywords: sweet potato salad, tahini dressing, vegan, gluten free, turmeric, potato salad