A modern and more nutritious take on the classic cheese quesadilla.
- 1 Vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 handfuls baby spinach
- 4 Angelic Bakehouse sprouted 7-grain wraps
- 1 small log of goat cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet on low-medium heat. Add the sliced onion and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are a light golden brown. Deglaze with balsamic vinegar.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms, cooking about 5 minutes, then stir in spinach until wilted. Remove veggies from skillet and wipe clean.
- Heat the same skillet on medium heat, and add a few sprays of spray oil.
- Arrange the quesadillas by spreading 1-2 tbsp goat cheese on onto each wrap. Top with cooked vegetables and lemon zest, and fold over to close.
- Cook each quesadilla 2-3 minutes per side until wrap begins is warm and begins to crisp.
Keywords: goat cheese, quesadilla, caramelized onions