This low sugar strawberry mocktail with lemon is a refreshing beverage sure to cool you off on a hot day! It’s also something fun to make and drink as an alternative to alcohol. Made with four simple ingredients, it’s ready to sip in about five minutes.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 16 oz club soda
- 3–4 cups of ice
- Wash the strawberries. Trim off the stems and cut them in half, or in quarters if using very large berries.
- Put the strawberries in a small bowl along with the lemon zest and sugar.
- Muddle the ingredients together by pressing firmly down with a muddler and twisting it. Keep going until the berries are mashed well, and it resembles a thick syrup.
- Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into two 12 ounce glasses.
- Add 1/2 tbsp lemon juice to each glass.
- Fill each glass with ice, then pour in the club soda to the top.
- Use a spoon to gently mix everything together in the glasses.
- Garnish with lemon slices and enjoy!
If you don’t wish to have small bits of strawberry in the drink, you can push the muddled mixture through a sieve to remove any small bits of berry and seeds.
Keywords: strawberry mocktail, benefits of drinking less alcohol