This simple strawberry banana and kiwi smoothie takes just a few minutes to make for a healthy breakfast or snack! You need just six nutritious ingredients and a blender to whip up this refreshing smoothie for one.
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 kiwi, peeled, quartered, and frozen
- Half of a frozen banana
- The night before, peel and freeze kiwi and banana.
- Add the ingredients to a blender in the order listed.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds to a minute, or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
What to put in smoothies for added nutrition
Smoothies are the perfect vehicle to add in lots of nutritious ingredients. You can add these ingredients to this strawberry banana kiwi green smoothie or any of your favorite smoothie recipes!
- Nuts and nut butters add protein, healthy fats, and fiber
- Chia seeds and flax seeds add fiber and essential omega-3 fatty acids
- Hemp seeds add protein and essential omega-3 fatty acids
- Frozen vegetables, like cauliflower or zucchini, to add fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants
- Protein powder adds even more protein
- Spices, such as cinnamon and turmeric, to add antioxidants
Keywords: strawberry banana kiwi smoothie, green smoothie, smoothie with spinach