Simple roasted delicata squash halves are an easy and healthy side dish when winter squash is in season! Delicata squash is flavored with maple syrup, cinnamon, and thyme, then oven roasted until tender and caramelized. Follow my step-by-step instructions for how to cut, remove seeds from, and roast delicata squash halves.
- 3 small-medium sized delicata squash, relatively the same size and shape as each other
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp thyme, fresh
- Prep: Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim off the stem and hard bottom of each squash.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and the stringy bits from the inside of the squash. Discard.
- Place the squash halves on the prepared baking sheet, cut side up.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil and maple syrup together.
- Drizzle the olive oil maple syrup mixture evenly over each squash. Use your hands to rub it around the squash to spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the squash with cinnamon, salt, and thyme leaves.
- Roast in the oven for 40-50 minutes, until the squash is fork tender and the flesh has begun to brown and caramelize in areas. Smaller squashes will take less time to cook, and larger squashes will take more time.
If you have leftovers, store the roasted squash in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Reheat in the oven on a baking sheet at 300°F for 15-20 minutes, until warmed through. Or, reheat individual portions in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Keywords: roasted delicata squash halves, roast delicata squash halves, how to cook delicata squash, what is delicata squash, delicata squash recipe, roasting delicata squash