Romesco Potato Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free)
If you’re not a fan of traditional, mayo-heavy potato salad, this romesco potato salad is for you! Soft potatoes are tossed in an addicting homemade romesco sauce for an flavorful summer side dish.
- Author: Alex
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: serves 4 1x
- Category: side dish
- 1 lb red new potatoes, halved
- 1 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, and boil for 10-13 minutes until fork tender.
- While potatoes cook, prepare the romesco sauce. Combine the remaining ingredients plus a generous shake of salt and pepper in a food processor. Process for 30 seconds or more until everything is blended, but still textural. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool to room temperature.
- Toss the potatoes in 1 cup of romesco sauce, additional chopped parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
- You will have about 6 oz leftover romesco sauce. Use it for sandwiches, pasta, or on vegetables.
- Keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: romesco potato salad, vegan, gluten free