Sweet and juicy roasted strawberries are the perfect match for creamy whipped ricotta cheese in this easy breakfast toast recipe. Easy to make with just a handful of ingredients, this recipe is the best if you want to elevate your weekend brunch table.
- 1 pound strawberries, stems removed and cut in half
- 1 cup full-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Roasted Strawberry & Whipped Ricotta Toast
- 4 slices of hearty bread, such as sourdough
- Handful of fresh mint leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread out the cut strawberries, cut side down, on the lined baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 25-28 minutes, until very tender and you see some of the juices releasing.
- Use a spatula to scoop up the strawberries and their juices and put them in a small bowl.
- While the strawberries roast, prepare the whipped ricotta.
- Add ricotta cheese, honey, lemon zest, and salt to a food processor.
- Blend for about 30 seconds until the ricotta is smooth and creamy. You may need to scrape down the bowl once.
- Blend again and slowly drizzle in the olive oil through the tube in the food processor lid, continuing to blend until the oil is incorporated.
- Toast your bread to your desired doneness, then spread a generous dollop (about 1/4 cup) of whipped ricotta onto each piece of toast.
- Add a few big spoonfuls of roasted strawberries on top of the ricotta.
- Drizzle each piece of toast with honey and top with a few mint leaves for serving.
Can I prepare this recipe in advance?
You can absolutely prep the roasted strawberries and whipped ricotta up to three days in advance of serving! Store them separately in airtight containers in the fridge.
When ready to serve, give the whipped ricotta a good serve and heat the strawberries in the microwave until warm. Toast your bread and add the toppings!
Keywords: strawberry ricotta toast, honey whipped ricotta, whipped ricotta toast, roasted strawberries