If you love winter squashes, you’re going to love this recipe! Sweet delicata squash is roasted and paired with a creamy and delicious Middle Eastern yogurt sauce.
- 2 delicata squash, deseeded and cut into 1/4 inch thick rings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 3/4 tsp sumac
- 1/2 tsp aleppo pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mint leaves, pepitas, and sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 410F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss the delicata squash rings in olive oil, cinnamon, and a generous shake of salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until fork tender and beginning to brown.
- While the squash roasts, prepare the yogurt sauce. Add all the ingredients to a food processor. Blend until well combined, smooth, and creamy.
- To serve, smear a big scoop of the yogurt sauce onto a plate. Arrange the delicata squash on top of the yogurt sauce. Garnish with more fresh mint leaves, pepitas, sesame seeds, and sumac.
You can prepare this dish ahead of time. Store the yogurt and squash separately. Reheat the squash in the oven at 300F for 10-15 minutes until warm, then plate with the yogurt sauce.
Keywords: delicata squash, roasted delicata squash, middle eastern yogurt sauce, gluten free