Roasted Delicata Squash with Cinnamon and Sage (Vegan, Gluten Free)
This roasted delicata squash is the sweetest side dish full of fall flavors. The skin of this delicious squash is edible, so no peeling required!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Total Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: serves 5-6 1x
- Category: side dish
- 2 delicata squashes, cut into half moons
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and scrub delicata squash. Slice squash in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out and discard seeds. Slice into 1/4th inch thick half moons.
- Toss delicata slices in avocado oil with spices, salt, pepper, and sage.
- Spread in an even layer on baking sheet.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, flipping squash pieces halfway through roasting.
- Squash is done when the flesh is beginning to brown and caramelize, and is fork tender.
- Tastes great warm or cold.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Keywords: roasted delicata squash, vegan, gluten free