These roasted cauliflower tacos are seriously the best. Roast cauliflower with lots of spice and add homemade cilantro lime tahini sauce, avocado, pickled red onions, and fresh herbs.
Pickled Red Onion
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
Cilantro Lime Tahini Sauce
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 handfuls cilantro leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- handful of cilantro, chopped finely
- The night before (if possible), prepare the pickled red onion. Stuff onion slices into a 12-16 oz mason jar. Add vinegar, water, and maple syrup to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and carefully pour hot liquid over the onions in the jar. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss cauliflower in avocado oil, spices, and a generous shake of salt and pepper. Spread out on baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While cauliflower is in the oven, prepare the sauce. Add all sauce ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until well combined, smooth, and creamy.
- Heat tortillas over the open flame of a gas stove top burner. Pay careful attention as not to burn them, and flip once you see a few bubbles – about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Top each tortilla with 4-5 cauliflower pieces, pickled red onions, sliced avocado, and a big drizzle of cilantro lime tahini sauce. Enjoy warm.
- Pickled red onions will keep for a few weeks in the fridge. Add them to other meals like salads, grain bowls, or more tacos.
Keywords: cauliflower tacos, vegan, gluten free