Roasted Broccoli with Lemon Tahini Sauce (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Bring your broccoli to the next level with this creamy, dreamy lemon tahini sauce! Everyone will love this healthy, addicting side dish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: serves 3-4 1x
- Category: side dish
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Red pepper flakes and sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss broccoli in avocado oil, paprika, and a generous shake of salt and pepper. Spread it onto the prepared baking sheet, and roast for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned and crispy.
- While broccoli cooks, prepare the sauce. Whisk together tahini, lemon juice, garlic powder, and a generous shake of salt and pepper. At this point the sauce will get thick and clumpy.
- Whisk in cold water, 1 tbsp at a time. The sauce will loosen up and become creamy. Continue adding water until desired consistency/thickness. I added about 4 tbsp water.
- Plate broccoli and drizzle with as much tahini sauce as desired.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and sesame seeds, if using.
- You may have leftover sauce. Use it as a dip, in place of salad dressing, or on other vegetables.
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, tahini, lemon tahini sauce