Bring your broccoli to the next level with this creamy, dreamy lemon tahini sauce! Everyone will love this healthy, addicting side dish.
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
Lemon Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Red pepper flakes and sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss broccoli in avocado oil, paprika, and a generous shake of salt and pepper. Spread it onto the prepared baking sheet, and roast for 20-25 minutes until lightly browned and crispy.
- While broccoli cooks, prepare the sauce. Whisk together tahini, lemon juice, garlic powder, and a generous shake of salt and pepper. At this point the sauce will get thick and clumpy.
- Whisk in cold water, 1 tbsp at a time. The sauce will loosen up and become creamy. Continue adding water until desired consistency/thickness. I added about 4 tbsp water.
- Plate broccoli and drizzle with as much tahini sauce as desired.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and sesame seeds, if using.
- You may have leftover sauce. Use it as a dip, in place of salad dressing, or on other vegetables.
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, tahini, lemon tahini sauce