This red velvet smoothie is packed with chocolatey flavor like your favorite cake. Made with simple, nutritious ingredients and ready to sip in 5 minutes.
- Add everything to a blender in the order listed.
- Blend for 30 seconds – 1 minute, until smooth and no chunks remain.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy right away.
Ingredient and dietary restriction substitution ideas
- Make it dairy free/vegan: Use a coconut or other plant-based yogurt alternative instead of Greek yogurt.
- Add more protein: Boost the protein content of this smoothie by adding a scoop of your favorite chocolate flavored protein powder.
- Swap frozen banana for dates. If you don’t have dates on hand, you can use ~1 cup of frozen banana to add natural sweetness instead.
- Make it beet free. You’ll pick up a very mild, slight beet flavor in this smoothie, so it’s perfectly OK to eliminate the beet from the recipe if you’re not a beet lover. Feel free to add 1/2 – 1 cup of another vegetable, such as frozen cauliflower, instead.
Keywords: beets, red velvet smoothie, smoothies with vegetables