If you love chocolate and peanut butter together, this is the healthy breakfast recipe for you! Creamy chocolate PB overnight oats are packed with high quality protein thanks to Greek yogurt and peanut butter. Made with nutritious ingredients like old fashioned oats, cocoa powder, chia seeds, and peanut butter, you can prepare this recipe in five minutes.
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 rounded tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- In an airtight container or jar, combine oats, chia seeds, cocoa powder, salt, and chocolate chips.
- Add the Greek yogurt, soy milk, peanut butter, and maple syrup.
- Mix together thoroughly until everything is well combined.
- Cover the container and refrigerate overnight, or at least 2 hours.
- Stir together and portion into two bowls for serving.
Once you prepare overnight oats, enjoy them within 3-5 days for optimal texture and flavor. The longer overnight oats sit, the more liquid the oats will absorb, and the oat grains will break down and become softer in texture.
Can you heat up overnight oats?
While overnight oats are typically enjoyed cold right from the fridge, you could heat them up if you much prefer hot oats. Put overnight oats in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 1 minute, or until warmed through.
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter overnight oats, chocolate PB overnight oats, overnight oats with greek yogurt