Pesto tastes amazing on just about anything, and cauliflower is the perfect vehicle! This simple side dish features this versatile vegetable and a homemade vegan pesto.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: side dish
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 handfuls fresh basil
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss cauliflower florets in avocado oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 35-30 minutes, until fork tender and slightly browned.
- While cauliflower roasts, prepare pesto. Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor. Blend until ingredients are combined, but still a bit chunky.
- Toss pesto with cooked cauliflower until well coated.
- This recipe can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: vegan, pesto, pesto cauliflower, vegan recipe