This pear crostini is topped with honey whipped goat cheese, warm sauteed pears, and crispy sage. Serve up this easy appetizer at your next gathering, or make something special to have with dinner during the week!
- 8 oz log goat cheese
- 1/2 cup lowfat or full fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- 2 Bosc pears, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh sage, chopped
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 baguette
- Olive oil
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Prepare the whipped goat cheese. Add goat cheese, yogurt, honey, lemon zest, and salt to a food processor. blend until smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes. You may need to scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Place pear slices in an even layer in the skillet, trying not to overlap. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Sprinkle chopped sage over the pears in the pan.
- Let cook for about 2 minutes, then flip the pears and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Slice baguette into 1/4 inch thick slices – you should get 20-24 slices.
- Spray olive oil or paint olive oil onto each slice of bread with a pastry brush.
- Arrange bread slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, oil side up.
- Broil the bread on high until toasted golden brown, about 2-4 minutes.
- Assemble the crostini: spread a dollop of whipped goat cheese onto each toast, and then add a few slices of pear and pieces of crispy sage.
Crostini is best served soon after it is assembled to experience the best taste and texture of all the ingredients. If you’d like to prepare this recipe ahead of time, you can make the whipped goat cheese, sauteed pears, and crostini and store each component separately. Store the whipped goat cheese and pears in airtight containers in the fridge, and store the crostini in a silicone bag at room temperature.
Prepare up to 1 day in advance. Warm the crostini in the oven and let the whipped goat cheese softened to room temperature, then assemble and serve.
Keywords: pear crostini, honey whipped goat cheese, pear and goat cheese crostini