Peanut Tofu Bowls (Vegan, Gluten Free)
Put these easy peanut tofu bowls on your dinner menu ASAP! It’s the perfect balanced vegan meal – brown rice, broccoli, and tofu drenched in the best homemade peanut sauce.
- Author: Alex Aldeborgh
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: serves 3-4 1x
- Category: main dish
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- 1 block tofu, drained, wrapped in clean dish towel, and pressed between two plates for at least 10 minutes
- 2 heads broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 1/2 tbsp low sodium tamari (or soy sauce for non gluten free)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 inch knob of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- Preheat oven to 415F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Toss broccoli with 1 tbsp olive oil and a generous shake of salt and pepper. Spread out on one of the baking sheets.
- Cut the tofu into 1 inch cubes. Toss with remaining olive oil plus salt and pepper. Place on the other baking sheet.
- Bake broccoli and tofu for 25-30 minutes. Toss the tofu once in the middle of cooking. Tofu will be golden brown and the edges crispy when done.
- While food cooks, prepare the peanut sauce. Whisk everything together in a cereal bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Move cooked tofu to a mixing bowl, and toss with peanut sauce to coat.
- Portion out brown rice, broccoli, and peanut tofu into bowls. Garnish with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Keywords: peanut tofu bowls, vegan, gluten free