Peanut Butter Pecan Pie Brownies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
These ooey-gooey peanut butter pecan pie brownies taste like a decadent treat, but they are made with good for you ingredients! Add them to your holiday dessert line up.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 16 brownies 1x
- Category: dessert
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 6 tbsp warm water
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tbsp strong brewed coffee (optional)
Pecan Pie Layer
- 1 1/4 cups pitted Medjool dates, soaked in hot water
- 1/2 cup reserved date soaking water
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8×8 square baking pan.
- Make the brownie layer first. Combine flax meal and warm water in a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside for 5 minutes to form a gel like consistency (these are your flax eggs).
- Mix together almond flour, cacao powder, brown sugar, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix together peanut butter, coffee, and flax eggs.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, and mix together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and use a rubber spatula or your hands to press down into an even layer. (Remember, the batter will be thick).
- Make the pecan pie layer. Add soaked dates, reserved date soaking water, coconut oil, and vanilla extract to a food processor. Blend for 4-5 minutes until completely smooth, and no date chunks remain.
- Mix pecans and date paste together.
- Pour date/pecan layer over the brownie layer. Spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with no brownie batter in the center. Also, edges will begin to peel away from the pan when done.
- Let cool completely, or place in the fridge, before slicing into 16 squares.
- Almond butter is a good sub for peanut butter.
- Regular eggs should work in place of flax eggs. Please note, I have not tried this myself.
Keywords: pecan pie brownies, vegan, gluten free