These peanut butter banana chocolate chip French toast roll-ups are fun to make and delicious to eat! Make this easy vegan recipe for your next weekend brunch.
- 8 pieces soft whole wheat bread
- 8 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 small bananas, sliced into coins
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Vegan butter or coconut oil
- More maple syrup and powdered sugar, for serving
- Cut the crusts off of the bread slices and discard. Use a rolling pin to flatten out the slices of bread.
- Spread 1 tbsp peanut butter onto each piece of bread. At the end each piece of bread, add 3-4 banana slices and 5-10 chocolate chips. Roll up the fillings into the center, creating your roll-ups.
- Whisk together almond milk, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Dip the French toast roll-ups into the almond milk, quickly coating each side.
- Heat up the vegan butter or coconut oil in a shallow frying pan. Place the French toast roll-ups, seam side down, into the pan. Cook for 1-3 minutes until browned and crispy, then flip and cook on the other side. You may want to do this in batches to avoid crowding the pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve right away. You can either slice them up with a knife and fork, or dip them with your hands into a little dish of maple syrup.
Best served right away.
Keywords: French toast roll-ups, vegan