This pasta salad is an easy, light and refreshing recipe for warmer weather. The addition of canned tuna in olive oil gives this meal a delicious and filling boost of protein. Make it for dinner tonight and have leftovers tomorrow!
- 1 can Portofino Solid Albacore Tuna in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into ¼ inch thick rounds
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 ear corn
- ½ pound whole wheat pasta (I used fusilli)
- 1 large handful fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Toss zucchini and tomatoes in 1 tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
While vegetables roast, prepare corn and pasta. Bring 2 pots of water to a boil.
In one pot, add corn and boil for 3-5 minutes until fork tender. Remove from heat and run under cold water to stop cooking. Use a sharp knife to shave off kernels from the cob.
In the other pot, add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
Combine cooked vegetables, corn, pasta, basil, tuna and parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl. Toss with remaining olive oil and lemon juice, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe is great warm or cold, so it is perfect for leftovers or meal prep
Keywords: pasta salad, tuna, whole wheat pasta