No Bake Peanut Butter Trail Mix Bars (Vegan, Gluten Free)
These peanut butter trail mix bars are a no-bake, easy treat to enjoy for a filling snack or healthy dessert! They won’t last long because everyone will love them.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour fridge time
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: snack
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tbsp flax meal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips + an additional 1/3 cup for melting and drizzling, if desired
- 1 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine walnuts, half the oats, half the pepitas, half the cranberries, and flax meal in a food processor. Pulse for about 1 minute to break down the ingredients so they are a bit crumbly.
- Combine the processed mix with the rest of the dry ingredients, salt, cinnamon, and chocolate chips in a mixing bowl. Stir together.
- Gently mix together peanut butter and maple syrup.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry, and thoroughly mix together.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet. Use your hands or a rubber spatula to firmly press the mixture into the pan in an even layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
- Cut into 16 squares.
- If making chocolate drizzle, melt chocolate chips in a microwave or using a double boiler. Use a spoon to drizzle over each square.
- Can be stored at room temperature or in the fridge.
Keywords: trail mix bars, peanut butter trail mix bars, vegan, gluten free