These no bake chocolate peanut butter bars are your new favorite healthy treat! You need just nine ingredients to make these delicious bars.
- 2 cups medjool dates, pitted and soaked in hot water for 15+ minutes
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- 1 1/2 cups peanuts
- 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 4-oz dark chocolate baking bars
- Flaky sea salt
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place oats in food processor and blend until coarse and grainy. You want the oats to be thoroughly chopped, but not into a fine flour.
- Drain the dates and add them to the food processor, along with peanuts, peanut butter, salt, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Process for 3-5 minutes until a cohesive, sticky “dough” forms. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the food processor a few times.
- Add the “dough” to the prepared baking pan, and use your hands to press it down into a smooth, even layer.
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or in the microwave. Pour melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer, using a rubber spatula to smooth it out. Sprinkle chocolate with desired amount of flaky sea salt.
- Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Let the bars sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes, then slice into 16 squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Keywords: no bake, chocolate peanut butter bars, vegan, gluten free