This mushroom and kale quinoa is a delicious and healthy recipe that will be your new favorite side dish. It’s easy to make in less than 30 minutes for a nutritious weeknight win.
- Cook quinoa in the mushroom broth according to package instructions.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic and onion and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the kale to the mushrooms with a generous shake of salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until kale starts to wilt a bit.
- Pour in the white wine and lemon juice. Continue to cook for a few minutes, until the liquid mostly cooks off. Continue stirring as you cook.
- Once the quinoa is done, add it to the saute pan with the vegetables. Add the parsley and mix everything together.
- Enjoy as a side dish on its own, or add your favorite protein to make this a more filling meal.
4 cups of mushrooms and 5 cups of kale may sound like a lot, but both shrink down significantly when cooked. If your pan is too small, you can add the kale in two batches.
Keywords: gluten free, vegan, mushroom and kale quinoa