This miso grilled tofu recipe is easy to prepare and super tasty. It’s marinated and dressed with a delicious homemade sesame ginger miso dressing. Add this vegan tofu dish to your next cookout menu!
- 1 block extra firm or super firm tofu
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, dark green parts discarded
- 1 small bunch of chives, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Press the tofu in a tofu press or between two plates to remove any remaining water in the block of tofu.
- White the tofu presses, prepare the sesame ginger miso dressing by whisking all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Slice the tofu into 1/2 inch “steaks”. You’ll have six to eight pieces of tofu.
- Lay the tofu steaks in one layer in a shallow container.
- Pour over the marinade and flip each piece of tofu so both sides are covered.
- Refrigerate and let marinate for 20-30 minutes. *Reserve the marinade for later use.
- Heat up your grill or grill pan on medium heat (375 – 400 degrees) and spray a little oil on the grates.
- Cook the tofu for about 3 minutes per side, until browned grill marks are prominent. When the tofu is ready to flip, it should release easily from the grill grates.
- Plate and drizzle the tofu with the remaining marinade and garnish with sliced scallions, chives, and sesame seeds.
Storing grilled tofu
This miso grilled tofu tastes great hot off the grill, and it also keeps well in the fridge. It makes a good meal prep option if you want to prepare some at the start of the week!
Refrigerate the grilled tofu in an airtight container for up to five days. I recommend storing the tofu separately from the miso dressing, and adding the dressing and garnishes when you’re ready to eat it.
Keywords: miso tofu, grilled tofu, sesame ginger miso