Mediterranean Quinoa Salad (Vegan, Gluten Free)
This vegan, gluten free Mediterranean quinoa salad is the best make ahead recipe for a healthy lunch or dinner. It’s easy to make and super nutritious.
- Author: Alex Aldeborgh
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: serves 4 1x
- Category: main dish
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 English cucumber, diced small
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced small,
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup basil, minced
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. Add a pinch of salt to the cooking water. Let cool completely before adding to the rest of the salad.
- Once quinoa is cooled, combine it in a large mixing bowl with all the chopped veggies, olives, and herbs.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil.
- Pour dressing over the ingredients, along with a generous shake of salt and a fresh cracked pepper.
- Mix everything together, so all ingredients are well dispersed and coated in the dressing.
- Can be stored in the fridge for 3-5 days in an airtight container. Makes for great leftovers of a meal prepped lunch recipe.
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, Mediterranean quinoa salad