This Mediterranean baked feta is the tastiest and prettiest appetizer. It’s also incredibly easy to make in under 30 minutes. Served with crusty toasted bread, everyone will devour this dish.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup parsley, chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 8 oz block feta cheese, sliced into thick slabs
- 1 tbsp honey
- Sliced and toasted baguette, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine cherry tomatoes, onion, garlic, kalamata olives, parsley, lemon juice, 1.5 tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl and stir everything together.
- Transfer to a 10×7 baking dish. Top with sprigs of thyme.
- Place the blocks of sliced feta on top of the vegetables. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until feta cheese is soft and spreadable.
- Drizzle the honey on top of the hot feta cheese, and dig in with your toasted bread!
Best served right from the oven.
Keywords: mediterranean baked feta, gluten free