Mediterranean Baked Feta (Gluten Free)
This Mediterranean baked feta is the tastiest and prettiest appetizer. It’s also incredibly easy to make in under 30 minutes. Served with crusty toasted bread, everyone will devour this dish.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: serves 4-6 as an appetizer 1x
- Category: appetizer
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 oz block of feta cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted, for serving (gluten free bread, if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, onion, garlic, and parsley in a mixing bowl. Toss with lemon juice, 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture in the bottom of a 7×10 baking dish. Place sprigs of fresh thyme on top.
- Slice block of feta cheese into large slices, and arrange the slices on top of the tomato mixture. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until fragrant and tomatoes begin to break open.
- Drizzle warm feta with honey. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with toasted bread. Smear a toast with the warm feta cheese and top with the tomato mixture for the perfect bite.
Serve warm while the cheese is creamy and spreadable.
Keywords: mediterranean baked feta, gluten free