These mango lime overnight oats are healthy, delicious, and filling. Meal prep a batch in five minutes for a nutritious and fast breakfast option!
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 ripe mango, cubed
- Combine oats, chia seeds, shredded coconut, and salt in an airtight container or jar.
- Add the Greek yogurt, almond milk, vanilla extract, lime juice and zest, and maple syrup to the container. Mix everything up very well.
- Cover the container and put in the fridge to set for at least one hour, ideally overnight.
- When ready to eat, portion into two bowls and add fresh mango cubes. Stir it up and enjoy!
I do not recommend using steel cut oats for overnight oats. They do not absorb liquid as well as old fashioned oats, so they don’t get as soft and chewy. You can try using quick oats, but the texture might be a bit thinner and mushier.
This recipe serves two, but you can easily halve everything to make a single serving of overnight oats.
Keywords: healthy overnight oats, overnight oats recipe, mango lime overnight oats