This simple but delicious coconut chia pudding is topped with fresh ripe mango. It takes just 10 minutes to prepare and is perfect for a healthy breakfast, snack, or even dessert. You need just a handful of nutrient-dense ingredients, including chia seeds, coconut milk, and mango.
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large ripe mango
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- Add chia seeds, coconut milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and salt to a large jar or tupperware with lid. Mix everything up very well for about 30 seconds.
- Let the chia pudding sit for 2-3 minutes, then give it another good stir.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour until chia pudding is quite thick and gelatinous – ideally overnight.
- When ready to serve, dice up mango into small cubes.
- Portion chia pudding into three serving containers and top each with mango cubes and a generous sprinkle of shredded coconut.
How long does chia pudding last in the fridge?
Chia pudding will stay fresh stored in the fridge for 3-5 days. I recommend storing the chia pudding and any toppings like fresh fruit separately, to ensure the toppings maintain their texture.
Because of this, chia pudding is a good meal prep recipe!
Ingredient substitution suggestions
- You can swap mango for another tropical fruit, like pineapple or papaya.
- Use honey instead of maple syrup for similar results. (Recipe will no longer be vegan with honey).
- For a richer, more dessert like chia pudding, use full fat canned coconut milk.
Keywords: coconut chia pudding, mango coconut chia pudding, how to make chia pudding, chia seed pudding, vegan chia pudding