Roasted cauliflower gets crisp and caramelized in the oven, then tossed with zesty lemon juice and capers. A healthy, easy, and delicious side dish!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil and a generous shake of salt and pepper. Spread it out in an even layer onto the baking sheet.
- Roast for 17-20 minutes, until starting to turn golden brown and caramelized. Remove from the oven and toss with lemon juice and garlic.
- Continue to roast the cauliflower for 7-10 minutes until golden brown, caramelized, and crisp.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and toss with capers and chopped parsley.
Variations and substitution suggestions
- Add parmesan cheese. In the last few minutes of roasting, sprinkle freshly grated parmesan cheese on the cauliflower until it melts and becomes golden brown. Note that the recipe will no longer be vegan or dairy free with this addition.
- Use olives instead of capers. For an even brinier bite, swap olives for capers. I’d love this recipe with kalamata olives or green olives.
- Try garnishing with different fresh herbs. No parsley? No problem. Pretty much any fresh herb you have on hand would go well with this cauliflower, like basil, dill, or thyme.
- Make it spicy. If you love spicy foods, garnish with a pinch of red pepper flakes to add some heat.
This cauliflower side dish recipe pairs well with all kinds of meals. Serve it with:
- Salmon or shrimp
- Your favorite pasta dish
- Vegetarian pita or wrap sandwiches with hummus
- Veggie burgers or salmon burgers
- In a green salad
- In a grain salad
Keywords: lemon roasted cauliflower, cauliflower with capers