This lemon and garlic braised kale is an easy, healthy recipe that transforms kale into a flavor-packed, tender side dish! Ready in under 20 minutes, the simplicity of this sautéed kale recipe can’t be beat.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, diced
- One bunch curly kale, stems removed and leaves torn into bite size pieces (about 5 cups)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large saute pan.
- Add the garlic and onion, cooking for 1-2 minutes until fragrant being careful not to burn.
- Add the kale and stir to combine with the garlic and onion and coat in olive oil. Add the lemon zest, and saute the kale for a couple minutes so it wilts slightly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and pour in the lemon juice, white wine, and vegetable broth. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally letting the kale stew in the liquid.
- Kale is ready once it has wilted significantly and is tender and soft. Add a drizzle of olive oil, and serve warm.
Keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container
Keywords: braised kale, vegan side dish, gluten free recipe, healthy side dish