Toasting or roasting raw almonds gives them a satisfying crunch and enhances their flavor. It only takes about 15 minutes or less to make toasted almonds! In this post, learn how to toast almonds three ways: in the oven, on the stovetop, or in your air fryer. Instructions for whole nuts, almond slivers, and almond slices included!
- 1 cup of raw almonds – you can use whole almonds, almond slivers, or almond slices
Oven toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread raw almonds out on the baking sheet, making sure they are not crowded or overlapping.
- Cook whole almonds for 8-13 minutes, slivered almonds for 5-10 minutes, and sliced almonds for 5-10 minutes
Stovetop toasted almonds in a skillet
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat on the stovetop.
- Add almonds and use a wooden spoon to mix them around. Don’t leave the stove – you’ll need to stir regularly to prevent burning, which can happen quickly!
- Cook whole almonds for 7-10 minutes, slivered almonds for 3-6 minutes, and sliced almonds for 3-6 minutes
Air fryer toasted almonds
- Spread out almonds in your air fryer tray or basket, ensuring they are not overlapping or crowding.
- Set air fryer to 250°F.
- Cook whole almonds for 12-17 minutes, slivered almonds for 8-12 minutes, and sliced almonds for 5-10 minutes
Note: Temperature and cook time may vary based on the air fryer model you have.
How to store toasted almonds
Store toasted almonds in a glass jar or airtight container for up to three months. It’s best to keep them in the fridge, freezer, or a cool, dark place away from heat, which can cause the fats in almonds to oxidize and go rancid.
Keywords: toasted almonds, roasted almonds, oven toasted almonds