This air fryer salmon is marinated in a delicious honey garlic sauce before you cook it in your air fryer. It’s perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, and cooks up super fast. This will be your new favorite way to prepare salmon!
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Four 6 ounce salmon fillets (1 1/2 pounds total)
- 2–3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Whisk together the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, olive oil, honey, and minced garlic to form your marinade.
- Place the salmon fillets skin side down in a shallow ceramic or glass baking dish.
- Spoon the marinade over the salmon and put the tray in the fridge to let the fish marinate for 30 minutes or more.
- Transfer the salmon filets to your air fryer tray or basket, skin side down.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 8-11 minutes, until browned on the outside and a food thermometer reads 145 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part of the salmon. Cook time will depend on thickness level of salmon pieces.
- Transfer salmon to a plate to serve, and garnish with sliced scallions.
If you use an air fryer toaster oven (like the one I have), place the air fryer tray on the lower rack in your air fryer. This helps ensure the top doesn’t burn as it cooks.
How to store and reheat cooked salmon
Store cooked salmon in an airtight container in your fridge for up to three days.
Reheat it in your air fryer at 300 degrees F for 10 minutes, or until the salmon is warmed through.
Keywords: air fryer salmon, honey garlic salmon, how to cook salmon in air fryer, how long to cook salmon in air fryer