Make this honey balsamic tofu when you’re looking for a quick, flavorful, and healthy way to prepare tofu! It’s made with simple ingredients and comes together in 20 minutes.
- 1 block extra firm or super firm tofu, pressed for at least 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or finely minced
- Cut the pressed tofu into cubes.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the tofu, not crowding the pan and give the tofu cubes a shake of salt and pepper.
- Cook each side of the tofu for ~2 minutes until each side is golden brown.
- While tofu cooks, prepare the balsamic sauce. Add the balsamic vinegar, mustard, honey, soy sauce, grated garlic, a shake of salt and pepper, and the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil to a jar. Close the jar and shake vigorously to combine everything.
- Once the tofu is cooked on all sides, reduce the heat a bit and pour the balsamic sauce over the tofu in the pan.
- Continue to cook for a few minutes, stirring the tofu occasionally to coat it all the balsamic sauce. The tofu is done cooking when the sauce has reduced significantly and thickened up to a sticky texture that easily coats the tofu.
- Serve right away.
Best consumed right away for best texture.
Keywords: honey balsamic tofu