This easy homemade KIND bar recipe is simple, delicious, and healthy. Make a batch today for a week of healthy snacks!
- 2 1/4 cup raw, unsalted mixed nuts
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (or other dried fruit like raisins)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper that covers the bottom and sides.
- Spread all the nuts out on a metal baking sheet and toast them in the oven for 5-8 minutes until fragrant.
- Mix together nuts, dried cherries, cinnamon, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the honey and stir it in to evenly coat all the ingredients.
- Transfer everything to the prepared baking dish. Use your hands or a rubber spatula to firmly press everything into the pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the honey is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let the bars cool completely so the honey hardens up. You can put the pan into the fridge to speed up the cooling process.
- Slice into 10 bars. I like to remove the whole slap from the baking dish by pulling up the side flaps of parchment paper and setting it down on a cutting board to slice.
These bars are best kept in the fridge, especially in warmer weather. The honey will start to come back to room temperature when left out, making the bars prone to breaking apart.
Store the bars in a single layer on wax paper in an airtight container, and put wax paper between layers to prevent them from all sticking together.
Keywords: homemade KIND bars, healthy homemade snacks, healthy snack recipes, easy healthy snacks