This raw cauliflower salad recipe is a fantastic healthy side dish to make when you’re tired of green salads (or don’t want to turn on the oven). Raw cauliflower is shaved or sliced in a food processor and tossed with tons of fresh herbs, white beans, green olives, parmesan cheese, and a homemade white balsamic vinaigrette. No cooking required and ready to eat in about 20 minutes!
Raw Cauliflower Salad
- 1 medium-large head of cauliflower, cut into florets and washed
- 1 15-oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup pitted Castelvetrano olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts sliced
- 1/2 cup basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1/2 tbsp shallot or garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a food processor fitted with a slicing blade, add the cauliflower to shave it into thin slices. Alternatively, use a vegetable mandoline or a sharp knife to manually shave the cauliflower as thin slices.
- Make the white balsamic vinaigrette: add all of the vinaigrette ingredients to a 12 oz jar. Close the jar and shake vigorously to mix and emulsify the dressing.
- Add the shaved cauliflower to a large mixing bowl along with the white beans, sliced olives, parmesan cheese, scallions, basil, and parsley.
- Pour about half of the vinaigrette onto the salad. Mix together using salad spoons until well combined.
- Taste, and add more dressing and/or a pinch of salt to taste. Enjoy cold or at room temperature with a few cracks of black pepper.
Can I prepare this salad in advance?
This salad tastes freshest when enjoyed shortly after making it. If you do have leftovers, be sure to eat them within 1-2 days.
Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.
Keywords: raw cauliflower salad recipe, shaved cauliflower salad, cauliflower recipes, healthy cauliflower recipes