Make this healthy roasted vegetable pasta salad for dinner tonight, or your next outdoor cookout! Made with simple, nutritious ingredients, it’s easy to make and will satisfy everyone.
- 1 small eggplant, cut into small cubes
- 1 small zucchini, cut into half moons
- 1 small summer squash, cut into half moons
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz (3 cups dry) whole wheat rotini (or other pasta)
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Toss the eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, and garlic in olive oil and a generous shake of salt and pepper. Spread out the veggies on the baking sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned and fork tender.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Do not rinse the pasta when draining – the starches help the dressing stick to the noodles.
- Prepare the lemon dressing. Add olive oil, lemon juice, and mustard to a small jar with generous shake of salt and pepper. Close the jar and shake well to combine.
- Add cooked vegetables, pasta, olives, feta cheese, and basil to a large mixing bowl. Add the dressing and toss it well to combine.
This recipe tastes good warm or cold, but serve it cold for a traditional pasta salad.
Keeps well in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Food safety tips for cookouts
- Keep pasta salad cold (below 40 degrees F) until just ready to serve.
- Never leave pasta salad out for more than two hours, or more than one hour if the temperature is over 90 degrees.
- Use clean and separate utensils for each dish.
- Keep raw meat for grilling separate from other foods.
Keywords: healthy pasta salad, roasted vegetable pasta salad, vegetarian pasta salad